Monday, June 2, 2008

Missing pumpkins


The other day I harvested my pumpkins and put the on the patio. Yesterday Charlotte came inside telling me she had been playing with big balls. I went out the back to find that all my pumpkins have big cracks in them.

Then this morning i noticed that two of them were missing. I found one in the back yard and the other, well I only found a little bit of skin. George has eaten my pumpkin. GRRR. Now I have to work out what to do with my other pumpkins. Can you freeze them??


On the crafty side of things, I haven’t had a lot of time to do much but here is a photograph of Charlotte’s room. I’m thinking that the butterfly that is designed by Melly and Me would look great in her room. I made the Doona cover and pillow for her and painted the Alphabet around her walls. My Grandmother did the amazing cross stitch for her.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Hi I had to laugh when I read your blog about George eating the eggs. Our cocker spaniel does the same he had eaten a box of Lindt chocolates, easter eggs, and Cadbury chocolates. Also came home on day to find Winston on the couch with the makings of a lovely cake for us all ingredients from the pantry, cake mix, gravy, soup mix etc. Mummy was not happy. Winston is very spoilt and stays inside, when we go to work he gets into mischief. He sniffs out food from anywhere. We Love him though. I have never actually taken him to the vet for eating chocolate though just given him lots of water. He does get really red eyes though. Lucky he is still alive. Deb

staci said...

I recently found your blog...our Airedale likes to eat pumpkins too, lol! You can freeze pumpkin~~I always cook it then puree it freeze.